PDA

View Full Version : Orog, Cerilian

Mojczak
07-22-2008, 03:06 AM
Discussion thread for Orog (http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Orog). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

marcum uth mather
07-25-2008, 11:19 PM
" subterranean race of miners and warriors that inhabit Cerilia’s mountain ranges"

One thing I never got was how they are taller then humans but listed as this. shouldn't they be smaller. Also i wonder why they are always they are always listed as hairless? in all the pics they have hair.

kgauck
07-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Its not hairless per se, its hairless like a human. They are not furry, like many mammals.

The old idea was that orogs were a cross between ogres and orcs. They were the bigger, elite version of orcs, as hobgoblins are to goblins. When introduced in Birthright, there was no orc, so no elite orc or orc-ogre hybrid, just the orog. But the stat block of orogs was kept as is, and the Monstrous Manual I have (1993, printed 96) lists their height as six to six and a half feet.

The Orog pictures in BR tend to look like ugly humans, with large lower canines. Orogs, like goblins, seem to either have mostly hairless faces, or prefer to shave. Since I don't imagine they are, like the Romans, attached to the civilized look of a clean shaved chin, they appear to be less hairy than humans, who are often bearded.